I hope you had an awesome Christmas and may 2017 which is now here be awesome as well. I need to address something that I consider important. There is a case of a man who apparently lives with 10 percent of his brain intact only. Neurologist Steven Novella, questioned this because this would be possible evidence against the view that the brain somehow produces the brain. He tries to go with a materialist explanation to explain this case. However, numerous scientist's are rather puzzled by this particular case and are having a very hard time finding a materialist explanation for it. Michael Prescott does a great job of dismantling the superplasticity explanation that Steven Novella is using.
Kick off show matches (I will put who I think will win in brackets).
1. American Alpha, The Usos & The Hype Bros vs. Breezango, The Ascension & The Vaudevillains (The Usos
2. Sami Zayn & Neville v.s The Dudley Boyz (Sami Zayn & Neville)
1. John Cena v.s AJ Styles (John Cena)
2. Cesaro v.s Sheamus ( Best of 7 Series) (Sheamus)
3. The Miz(c) v.s Apollo Crews for the Intercontinental Championship (Apollo Crews
4. The New Day (c) v.s Gallows & Anderson (Gallows & Anderson)
5. Rusev (c) v.s Roman Reigns (Rusev)
6. Carmella, Becky Lynch & Naomi vs. Natalya, Alexa Bliss & TBA (Carmella, Becky Lynch & Naomi)
7. Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Championship (Dean Ambrose)
8. Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens (Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens)
9. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor for the Universal Championship (Finn Balor)
10. Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte for the Women's Championship (Sasha Banks)
11. Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton (Brock Lesnar)
It's often claimed by materialist's that Dualism is dead!. That couldn't be farther from the truth. What we know about consciousness is that it's got no particular location in the brain. If their was a specific region in the brain that gave rise to consciousness we could possibly find things such as though neurons, memory neurons and so on. ( You know the things that consciousness has). However, when we look at the brain we never find a thought neuron or memory neuron etc. Instead, what we find is neurons and mirror neurons as well. These neurons we are told somehow give rise to consciousness when you get enough of them connected. Again, their isn't anything like consciousness this subjectiveness we all have. How could physical objects such as neurons give rise to subjective experience?.
It's really like magic which most materialist's accuse dualists of when they propose that may actually be a immaterial soul. But it has nothing to do with MAGIC whatsover!. Instead it has to do with providing an explanation. This explanation is that the immaterial soul is made up of a different kind of substance then what our physical bodies are made up of. Without a doubt neurons have strong correlation with mind/consciousness the same with brain regions. However it is truly a big stretch to say that mind/consciousness is generated by the brain. The Mind is what the Brain does, doesn't hold up when we look at it with an open mind.
I like to wish all Canadians a Happy Canada Day. I am going to the fair today just to play some games there and to eat some food there too. Just to get out for awhile and enjoy myself. It's already starting to get hot and humid outside so make sure to keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
At least they think they do. As they mentioned a typical materialist explanation that their maybe some undetectable brain activity in the brain that can account for these experiences without saying that consciousness can function without the brain. The problem is this is very improbable. As EEG expert Dr. John Greenfield has confirmed.
“It’s very unlikely that a hypoperfused brain [someone with no blood flow to the brain], with no evidence of electrical activity could generate NDEs. Human studies as well as animal studies have typically shown very little brain perfusion [blood flow] or glucose utilization when the EEG is flat. There are deep brain areas involved in generating memories that might still operate at some very reduced level during cardiac arrest, but of course any subcortically generated activity can’t be brought to consciousness without at least one functioning cerebral hemisphere. So even if there were some way that NDEs were generated during the hypoxic state [while the brain is shut off from oxygen], you would not experience them until reperfusion [blood flow] allowed you to dream them or wake up and talk about them”, Greenfield stated.
The philosophers of this book that is coming out about a naturalistic explanation for NDE's go on to say.
Physical explanations of NDEs are not only significantly more likely to be true than supernatural explanations, but that they are also capable of being deeply attractive and inspiring, Mitchell-Yellin says.
First of all I don't think the afterlife explanation is an supernatural explanation. It's an natural phenomenon in the sense that we can explore it.
1. What benefits has an paranormal/supernatural belief had on humanity as a whole?
Well let's see extensive research has been done on mental mediumship and the data from there shows clearly that people are helped greatly in grief when they are touch with loved ones from the otherside. Also, there is a lot of strong evidence for the existence of an afterlife a lot follows from this evidence. So this clearly also benefits humanity as a whole as well.
2. "You know they say if it's too good to be true it probably is".
This argument looks like a powerful argument however it is not. If their is very strong evidence for the existence of an afterlife this argument loses it's merit. Which there is.
3. Why is there no ghost's of dinosaurs along with other animals that have lived long before humans?
As far as I gather, their is a human connection to certain things. For example humans, are connected to domestic pets such as cats, dogs etc. There is a great love loss between a human and a dinosaur. As dinosaurs see humans of course as food along with all other smaller animals. Knowing so they do this on the physical plane must likely it would be the same on the spiritual plane.
4. Why do ghosts always wear clothes?. If they really were real ghosts instead of some hallucination than we would expect them to be naked instead
Actually no we would not they want to be presentable and in a noticeable way. They only wear clothes they most matches their identity. '
5. "The problem with paranormal experiences is nothing follows from it neither scientific or whatever else".
I disagree strongly a lot follows from paranormal experiences. Not all experiences are real encounters with the otherside. Many of them can be explain by physical explanations. However their are a lot that have withstood the test of time and they are not going to go away.